Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 3 Practice: Company Questions

This weeks practice activity was for us to find five questions to ask our interviewer, after our interview is done. This will help the interviewer understand how interested I am in the company and it helps me understand more about the position and the company.

Questions:

1.     What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem? 

This question is important to my interview process because it shows the interviewer that I want to help the company and the field specific team. It also allows the interviewer to see me in the position as their describing their answer.

By asking this question, I’m hoping to gain insight about the issues that are going on in the position currently. It helps me understand the process and give me a head start on creative solutions.

The answer I’m given to this question will help my with my decision about this opportunity because it opens up the ideas, expectations, and standards the company has. It lets me know if the employers’ expectations are realistic and set a new team member up for success.

2.     Do you offer continuing education and professional training?

This question is important because it let’s me know that the company is willing to help me grow within my field. It also shows the company that I am actively interested in expanding my knowledge.

By asking this question, I’m hoping to gain insight into the dynamic of the company. It let’s me know that they care about current trends and having a knowledgeable staff.

The answer I’m given to this question will help my with my decision about this opportunity because it shows me that the company sets their staff up for success.

3.     Can you tell me about the team I’ll be working with?

This question is important to my interview process because it shows the interviewer that I’m assuming I’ll get the job. It shows them that I’m interested in the company dynamic as well.

By asking this question, I’m hoping to gain insight into the people I’ll be working with. I would love to know the types of personalities I’ll be surrounded by every day.

The answer I’m given to this question will help me with my decision about this opportunity because I’ll have a better understanding about my coworkers.

4.     How do you evaluate success here?
This question is important to my interview process because it shows me an extremely important portion of my job. Evaluations, depending on the company, can be weekly, monthly, or even quarterly.

By asking this question, I’m hoping to gain insight into the companies standards.

The answer I’m given to this question will help me with my decision about this opportunity because if they have some kind of tier system, this may lead to “clicks” within the companies’ community. It would show that that making friendships within the company might become more important than my standard of work, which I don’t like.

5.     What do you like most about working for this company?
This question is important to my interview process because it shows me how positive the employer is about their job. It also gives me knowledge about the perks of working for the company

By asking this question, I’m hoping to gain a personal connection with the employer. I’m also hoping I can get a real honest answer about the job.


The answer I’m given to this question will help my with my decision about this opportunity if the employer has a difficult time answering, it shows me there’s some issues within their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment