Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review

RISE Peer Review for Heather Garza.
Reflect –
Overall Heather, I thought your mock interview was wonderful and there’s very little for me to critic! I love that you played the role of interviewer and interviewee by switching your clothes for the role. Your dress was interview appropriate, your rooms lighting was great, your voice was clear and undisrupted throughout the mock interview too.
What struck me about your interview was how much background information you knew about USAA. That would go over well in any interview.
I loved your personal story about growing up in a military family. That totally would win brownie points from me if I was your interviewer. This personal information makes you vary valuable and relatable to a company like USAA. This and your experience with customer service are huge bonuses for the position you’re seeking. It made me want to revisit my own preparation to see if there was a personal story I might have, correlated to the job, and see how I could work that story into my interview.
Inquire –
What were you trying to communicate to the interviewer that you’re interested in getting into the advertisement portion of the USAA position? If so, I would love to have heard about any advertisements your made while in school. You could talk about how you learned about guerilla marketing or how you created infographics and your own advertisements for class.
Suggest –
Have you considered looking into the camera and smiling a little more? I know it sounds silly and I probably didn’t even do this in my own video but it does help and it’s goo to be aware of our body language in any interview.
You might want to try to sit still in your chair a little bit. You were swaying back a fourth quit a bit and it makes it seem like you were a little nervous. It was mildly distracting. I know it’s hard to think of all these things for a video for class but just be aware of body language in a live interview.
Elevate –
Perhaps you can add more personalization to your presentation by seemingly reading off script. Your video was fantastic but I could tell you were reading from a script. It would be great if the video felt a little more real. This can be done by getting more comfortable with your information, so it really looks like the conversation is coming easily to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment